Welcome to the Band Page!
Here you will find important updates throughout the year for all band students, 6-12. As events approach, detailed schedules will be added to this site in order to better inform parents and friends of additional information.
Band Camp 2019 was a HUGE success! Thanks to our parent chaperones, staff, and students for an excellent week.
- 20 Home football game, report to stadium at 6pm
- 27 Home football game, report to stadium at 6pm
September 28 Kenowa Hills MB Contest, Schedule as follows:
- 7am – meet in the band room/leave as soon as possible
- 9:30 – short bathroom/fast food stop
- 12:00 – Arrive Kenowa Hills High School/unload/quick concession stand stop if desired/change in to uniforms
- 12:50 – Assemble by our trailer
- 1:00 – Warm-up begins
- 1:30 – Warm-up concludes
- 1:45 – PERFORM
- 2:00 – Drop off instruments, hats, and plumes
- 2:10 – Move to stadium, as a group, to watch the final bands
- 3:00 – Awards
- 3:45 – Load buses
- 9:00 – Arrive home
September 30 Cadillac Band Review. Schedule as follows:
- 4:20pm – meet in the band room/leave as soon as possible
- 4:30 – depart HSHS
- 7:00 – Arrive Cadillac Veterans’ Memorial Stadium/unload/eat
- 8:00 – Assemble by our trailer
- 8:10 – Warm-up begins
- 8:40 – Warm-up concludes
- 8:50 – PERFORM
- 9:00 – Drop off instruments/plumes/props
- 9:20 – Watch Cadillac HS perform (Host school)
- 9:45 – Depart for home
- 12:15am – Arrive back to HSHS
- 5 NEW…NEW….NEW….NEW – Home football game, report 5pm
- 14 Traverse City Marching Band Expo, 4-11pm
- 25 Homecoming football game and parade, report 5pm
- 31 Halloween Parade performance, 1-2pm
- 6 High School Honors Band Auditions (We are hosting!)
- 7 & 8 High School Honors Band, hosted by HSHS
- 12 Middle School Winter Concert, 7pm
- 18 Holiday Collage Concerts, 1:30 & 7pm
- 8 MSBOA District Solo and Ensemble, Gaylord HS
- 12 Pre-Festival concert for grades 7-12, 7pm
- 26 HS Band Festival
- 28 MS Band Festival
- 29 Rodney Whitaker, professional jazz musician, concert: 7pm
- 11 MSBOA Middle School Honors Band, Kalkaska HS
- 14 MSBOA State Solo and Ensemble, site TBA
- 18 Jazz Festival, held at HSHS
- 25 Swing into Spring, 6:30pm, Nub’s Nob
- 29 Spring Band concerts: 6th & MS/HS Jazz @ 6pm, 7-12 @ 7:30
- 25 Memorial Day Parade, grades 7-12 participate in parade
- 31 Commencement – HS Band performs
- 30 Marching Band Practice, 6:30-8:30
- Parent meeting, 8:30-9:00 HS cafe
- 2-7 Harbor Springs 2020 Band Camp held at LSSU. Note that all students who wish to be in high school band during the 2020/21 school year are expected to attend. This includes students in the 8th grade during the 2019/20 school year.
Additional information will be posted as soon as it becomes available.
Mr. Patrick Ruddy
Director of Bands
Band Points of Pride
Excellence from our Award Winning Band Program Producing Leaders for the Future
- Nearly 1/3 of student population continues in band throughout high school.
- Members of the band consistently make up the majority of the top ten academic seniors.
- The Annual Holiday Collage Concert provides the absolute highest level of entertainment for our community.
- Harbor Springs students have earned positions in both the All-State and Michigan Youth Arts Festival Honor Bands, the highest achievement available for such ensembles in the state.
- High School and Middle School Concert Bands have consistently produced superior performances at festivals.
- Marching Band has received accolades from around the state for their performances and the excitement they produce.
- Jazz Band has become a local and state example of excellence performing at festivals and within the community with a strong following.
- Performs at all local events such as Memorial Day and 4th of July Parades.